Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Pipe's up, hose down



My friend Aaron Vollmer from Virginia Tech dropped by for a visit. We went out for real mexican food at El Cotixan. Aaron, a former SD resident, recommended the place as having excellent carnitas. The tacos were far superior to any flavorless imitation one might find in any random east coast state, say Virginia for instance. Tender, perfectly seasoned meat, creamy guacamole, pico de gallo, and salsa verde wrapped in two soft corn tortillas. My only complaint was that my tacos did not come with cheese on them. Dinner without cheese is like a beautiful woman with only one eye. But I managed to choke them down.



We finished the evening off with dessert at BJ's pizza place, home of the famous Pizzookie. For the uninitiated, the pizzookie is a hot, deep dish chocolate chip cookie with vanilla bean ice cream on top.

The alarm rang out this morning at 6:30 am. With sleep still in our eyes, he and I went surfing. Alice of course did not come. She is a very safety conscious person and she vowed not to get in the water until she first learned how to surf. So as to avoid any accidents. It was either that or it was too early and the water too cold. I can't remember.



While we were there we saw a partner surf team (two people on one board) doing lifting stunts while riding the waves. Envision a figure skating lift on a surf board. Not for me. Chafing is bad enough as it is.

Enough babble.

P.S. Those really observant will notice the pictures are of an evening surf session. I'll add the pictures from this morning as soon as Aaron sends them to me.

3 Helens agree.

Henri said...

You write to smart. Please dumb down your vocabulary if you want people to enjoy your views. I recommend a level lower then Harry Potter as it is full of unpronounceable words. Another topic for your blog could be your review of the Deathly Hallows, which in my opinion, did not live up to the others, not to mentions the profanity and more complex writing style. Anyway I will e-mail you and Alice about the ongoing drama in case my mom did not already fill you guys in. I have been thinking of visiting CA for a while now and just need to pick a date, and then you can teach me how to surf. Check out the new show Gossip Girls on the CW in Sept if you guys have cable, it's the new OC and I read the books they are based on. Hanson's new album came out in July and it is really great and different. They have a free podcast on itunes you guys should check out called Taking the Walk, and their other podcast Strong Enough to Break. It's their critically acclaimed documentary about their struggle becoming an independent label.

corbin said...

Now that you've hinted at it, if you don't come to see us, we will be very angry. And please do fill us in on the 'ongoing drama'. People magazine has been rather dull in the gossip department these days and we could use a little infusion of spice into our daily conversations. Call us. Alice has been wanting to talk to you for ages.

Henri said...

calling is for people without blogs