Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Cat Vomit and Brawny Paper Towels


Not all of my posts are about cats but I live a fairly simple, routine life. There isn't much that differs from my normal routine. I get up, exercise, shower, eat breakfast, read scriptures, work, come home, eat dinner, watch a show, sleep. Then I do it all over again the next day. I'm not a cat fanatic, at least not yet. It's just that the cat is the only variable in my life.

Today the cat vomited. That was different.

While cleaning up the vomit with a Brawny paper towel, a flashback of an 80's commercial ran through my mind. I'm not sure if there's a jingle for Brawny towels, but I know that the commercial said something like, "These towels are the strongest and won't shred when used; buy them." I always want to buy Brawny paper towels but they're expensive. They have to be at least twice as much as generic. Plus generic towels have cute pictures on them and I like that.

So how did I come by these name brand paper towels? My dear mother in law sent me one roll to help pad my birthday present. Besides the actual gift, which was beautiful and I love very much, I was excited to receive a roll of name brand paper towels.

So back to cleaning up cat vomit. As I scrubbed cat vomit juices out of the carpet, I realized my Brawny paper towel was not shredding like the generic ones do when I try to clean vomit out of the carpet. I've doubted my whole life if Brawny was better and stronger. I've learned today that Brawny is better! Perhaps Henri's prize will be a role of Brawny paper towels.

I'm curious what our blogger friends thoughts are on buying name brand vs. generic named products. What name brand products are must haves and it doesn't matter how much it costs?

10 Helens agree.

Henri said...

Don't send me stupid paper towels, but I do love them a lot. We use brawny, and we have a huge amount as we get it at Costco. Brand name perfume is a must, also anything with an Abercrombie logo. I know what Alice says and about that and now she can't since I made sure she was in the Abercrombie club. Brand name food is always a must. Giant is not a brand it's just a store. I did get Shasta soda because it is the only cream soda they sell in cans at the commissary and I feel weird drinking it out of a bottle while I'm driving (it looks like beer). I do have to use industrial toilet paper at work, and it suck really bad.

Henri said...

I lost my Hanson t-shirt I got on Monday. I wanted to wash it but couldn't find it in any of my laundry or even in my room. I really want to wear it tonight when i go out. And Corbin is a lier about the ct scan, it's like an X-ray.

Joe Black said...

i havnt even read this blogg but i dont have to to say that your reader, henri, is a dork-o

Joe Black said...

check this out http://thestalestheaven.blogspot.com/

alice said...

good comment on the perfume, very true. generic perfume smells like dog poop. and to a certain extent i would rather eat dog poop than purposefully spray myself with a scent that smells like it.

i have a funny story about abercrombie that makes me hate them for more reasons than because they make me be a walking advertisement. corbin and i went in there with some friends, who we like despite the fact they shop there. when we went in there we were immediately overwhelmed with one of their perfumes. it was STRONG. i could barely breath but i kept walking deeper into the store, thinking that at any moment, i would get away from the heavily scented area. at last we reach the back of the store and find that one of the sales associates had been spraying and was still spraying this perfume. we had been walking into her recently sprayed perfume. corbin was actually upset and practically yelled at her to stop. we left soon after. my eyes were red and stung from the amount of toxins they were exposed to. so reasons i hate abercrbomie:

1. their perfume stinks
2. their sales associates are dumb

corbin said...

Alice forgot to say that she was double barreling the perfume, one bottle in each hand. And she was spraying all the clothes a couple times each plus extra sprays into the already heavily polluted air in each room. The fog of perfume was so thick that I heard a fog horn from a cruise ship blast in the women's pajama section.

Cough, cough.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm just browsing sites for the kids of Haiti.

I'm at this site for a non-profit organization that is dedicated to
creating an oppurunity for the children in haiti. If anyone wants to help then do so here:

[url=http://universallearningcentre.org]Donate to Haiti[/url] or Help Haiti

They give kids in Haiti books and teach them.

Yes, they're real.

Any help would be great

Anonymous said...

hi there fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching as far as something that exact model. The prices seeking the shoes were around 320 bucks everwhere. But finally I bring about this area selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I have developed a new clean web 2.0 wordpress theme.

Has 2 colours silver and blue, has custom header(colour or image).
I am curently working on it, so if you have suggestions let me know.

You can view live demo and download from here www.getbelle.com
If you found bug reports or you have suggestions pm me.
Wish you a happing using.

many thanks to [url=http://www.usainstantpayday.com/]USAInstantPayDay.com[/url] for paying the hosting and developement of the theme

MafOccuff

Anonymous said...

megan fox sex tape tube, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/187756]megan fox p[/url] megan fox transformers
free kim karashian tape, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/187768]kim kardashian uncut sex tape[/url] kim kardashian and ray j sex video
today was a fairytale taylor swift song, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/187772]does miranda lambert dislike taylor swift[/url] taylor swift snl
hannah montana pictures, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/187786]pictures of hannah montana naked[/url] fake hannah montana naked
harry potter and the deadly hallows trailer, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/187792]harry potter and the deathly hallows movie trailer offical[/url] harry potter family tree
cruises to istanbul in december, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/187798]discovery cruise to nowhere[/url] gay stories of tom cruise
justin bieber facebook, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/187812]justin bieber wallpapers for your computer[/url] justin bieber videos
brtiney spears circus free, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/187814]youtube britney spears[/url] britney spears comes on the radio arms america la
famous comics megan fox, [url=http://discuss.tigweb.org/thread/175542]images of megan fox[/url] megan fox toppless