Sunday, August 26, 2007

I Love My Husband


Since it's Sunday, I think it would be appropriate to share a good family oriented story. This story stars my husband, whom I don't deserve, in the sense that he is way too good for me.

As our faithful bloggers know, my iPod nano was stolen by an OCD thief in the night two weeks ago. It has been a miserable two weeks as I experienced an emotional roller coaster of anger, sadness, frustration, despair, loneliness, pity....I'll save you all from hearing my ranting. I'll wait to share with Papel, he is a good listener.

Since the day it was discovered missing, Corbin has been faithfully searching Craigslist for my iPod. This week he thought he had found it. He had emailed several people one day asking for more details on the iPods they had listed for sale. One of these people responded to Corbin. Their name is foreign so I will spell it like it sounds: "A Home Molester." The email correspondence with this gentleman (so we will call him) was odd. Corbin would ask a couple of questions in his email and the gentleman would only respond to one and only partly. This correspondence continued several times with the same sort of incomplete response. At last Corbin thought he figured out why he was not getting complete answers. It was me!

Corbin thought I had placed a fake ad on Craigslist for an iPod to ensnare him. In Corbin's defense, this wouldn't be the first time I faked an online personality. When we were dating, I created a fake person on an online LDS dating service and stalked Corbin's fake person. The impersonation was soon seen through and we had a good time pretending to trick each other. So Corbin thought he had figured me out. So he wrote an email to this gentleman that said, "Ha ha ha. You're so funny and smart. I had a feeling it was you. I love you." Well, it wasn't me and the gentleman "A Home Molester" really exists and received my love note.

Somehow, this come on didn't deter "A Home Molester" from selling the iPod to Corbin. The gentleman sold him a 4GB Nano for $80. So Corbin is giving up finding my iPod and we've settled on this used one. I didn't realize how much I missed my one electronic device that had included me in the iPod revolution.

My dear husband spent countless hours searching for an iPod for me and even made a pass at another guy to get me one. This is true love.

5 Helens agree.

Henri said...

I knew there was something funny about Corbin and this explains it. I thought he was just too smart and now I know he is just gay. It's good he married Alice since she apparently doesn't mind her husband hitting on guys. Glad to see you have a new iPod. One if these days I will use one of mine, like when I get a new stereo, or when I go to the gym. Oh well I love stuff I never use.

Jamie said...

first, that was a great story. "Wildly entertaining!" "A tour de force!" "Simple, clean--ELEGANT!"

second, i love your blog. and i love that corbin hunted down my blog to inform me of your blog. and apparently, i do not love capital letters today, but i think that might just be because it's monday.

Designing Woman said...

I really appreciate the bit about Corbin's love confession to a craig's list man!!! I didn't know you guys had a blog...Sweet!
-Krystle-

alice said...

jamie, this blog is all because of you and steve. we wanted to be cool too.

Steve-O said...

That is absolutely classic. No other word. Just... classic.

Oh. I hope you like your new name.