Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Scribbler


I found a new toy. It can turn anyone into an artist. I drew this face with it and also our new header (it may not be up long, depending on Alice's approval). [Update: It wasn't up long. Alice said the red swirls looked like blood. So I turned the swirls green and added flowers. She is a much happier Alice. She also likes the juxtaposition of the slightly abrasive title and the gentler graphic. My wife is so smart.] It is called the Scribbler and you can try it out here. Some of you true arteests out there will certainly create more stunning works. But it's fun for all ages!

The creator, Ze Frank, has some other fun interactive toys on his site, but this is my favorite out of the ones I've tried.

Anyway, I have to go. My nanoparticles are done incubating and I have to go and wash them. Time to get out my nanosoap and nanowashcloth. See you all later.

P.S. UCSD Rocks!

7 Helens agree.

Henri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Henri said...

Wow, I think this is my favorite blog on your site. I'm going to va beach this weekend and busch garden since I have a season pass, which means I have to do laundry and pack my car tonight so we can leave tomorrow right when i get off work. I really need to do mystic for my legs before I leave so I don't look like a tool. you know you love me.

corbin said...

Busch Gardens. Nice. Alice and I have converted to the school of season passes, as we now own season passes to both the San Diego Zoo and Sea World. We need to go more often.

The first header I drew was a little to 'psycho' for Alice. I didn't think it was that bad. Simply take our current header, subtract the pink flowers, and make the green red. It was just some red swirls. But she said it looked like blood. So I added the flowers to make her happy.

I wish there was a way to post pictures in the comments section so everyone could post their own scribbles.

Have fun at the beach and beer land.

Peter FNFN said...

nice. what program did you use to draw your blog banner thingy? i think it's pretty cool... i guess it's cute too with the added flowers and what not.

corbin said...

Hey Peter.

It's called the Scribbler. Check the link in the original post or this address:

http://www.zefrank.com/scribbler/

I drew the flowers, words, and swirls separately and put them all together in photoshop. Really easy.

Jamie said...

I like how Peter didn't even read this entire post about the scribbler, but commented on it. Silly Peter.

Also, I saw this at work and have waited all day to come home and try it (thats how exciting work was) and it is awesome!

Peter FNFN said...

i was distracted by the poll... thought it was clever to have people respond to an online poll with the answer of; i don't respond to online polls. that may be how i missed the link for Scribbler... please excuse my disability.
I found it... and i've scribbled... but won't have much free time till i'm situated in my cubicle tomorrow morning at work. HA.

i know how people can respond though - draw a picture with Scribbler, and post it in their blog... ? at least i will [sometime]