Thursday, October 11, 2007

Me + Science = Cool

Last night I brought the young men from the ward to my lab for our activity. I performed amazing and inexplicable feats of magic and miracles. They were awed by my awesomeness. The Bible says 'out of the mouths of babes...something something' and straight from the kids - I am the coolest guy ever. Unfortunately, I forgot to recruit a camera man so the rest of the world could partake of my glorious glory. So you'll just have to take my word for it (or the word of the throngs of raving fans present last night) that my magic is truly magical.

Here is a list of the many, many two magical feats I performed last night.
1. Dehydration of sugar with sulfuric acid
2. Super Frozen Banana and Rose (You won't find these frozen bananas at the fair! Unless it's a SCIENCE fair! Because that's what I do at my job, science.)

The rest of the night I captivated them with my unrivaled yarn spinning skills. It was a truly magical evening. I would almost say 'romantical' if it wasn't all guys.

So, the next time you're in town, stop by* Corbin's Wondrous World of Wonderful Wonders. You will be undissapointed.

*This offer is only good for friends and family who live very far away, and thus have an extremely low probability of ever actually visiting. (The shattered banana was kind of a pain to clean up once it thawed out again.)

3 Helens agree.

Jamie said...

I think the real magic is that you still remember how to draw a Stussy S.

Zac said...

Since when did cool ever equate to something that didn't involve the opposite sex? Now, if you were able to use the Thermite Alternative when you kiss Alice to make sparks fly out of Alice's ears, or maybe use the Carbide Cannon to knock the socks off of some unsuspecting female, then, yes, I would agree that you + science = cool (when any given factor of science also includes a female). That last bit is science lingo for those of you non-geeks. However, you plus a bunch of pre-pubescent boys who only get out of the house to buy the newest version of Halo and would be amazed if you showed them that shaking a can of dairy cream results in butter, in my opinion, does not make you cool. Now, bring them over to my house and I'll show them how an English degree can turn a woman into putty in your hands. That is cool.

I do want to see the fire rocks when I come visit, though. Or, maybe you can bring me some for Christmas.

Hot Cup said...

I particularly like the balloons. One even looks shiny. :)