Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Biggest Fan

My sister, Henri, has proven that she's the biggest "The Freshest Hell" fan through the creation of a t-shirt. I really like chocolate...so if anyone wants to beat Henri at being the biggest fan, you can make chocolates for me. I'm not ashamed of being open to bribes.


I don't want you all leaving this blog thinking "Henri" is short for Henrietta, because it's not. Henri's formal name is Margaret Ruth. So Henri has nothing to do with it. For as long as I can remember, my family called Henri, Henri. My dad was the author of this name, taking it from a comic in the newspaper during the mid '80s. Henri was a character in the comic who was a baby that my dad thought resembled our Henri.

My dad was fond of making unusual nick names for his kids. I was called Bones since I was so skinny but it wasn't used much. Joe was called Fat Boy since he was a pudge when he was a toddler, that also didn't stick for long. Tom's name was actually made up by my siblings and me, it's Boss Chicken. It came from us teasing him that he was bossy like a chicken, whatever that means (we were in elementary school). Tom was called this for a good portion of his life. In his defense, Tom is not bossy like a chicken at all. Zack, the youngest, was and still is called Junior, Boss Chicken Jr.that is. When Zack was in primary the primary leaders heard my dad calling Zack "Junior" and thought he was named after my dad. For that year's primary program, Zack's name was listed in the program as "Don, Jr."

So that's a little background on my family.

7 Helens agree.

Henri said...

I am so freaking tan, although it looks like I need to work on my neck area. Mom took the pictures so that should explain a lot. It was her first time using a digital camera and using a screen instead of the old-fashion hole thing. Please pass along my cell number if any fans in the NOVA area would like to date me or just buy me dinner. My only criteria are they are male. A few other conditional things are: age 25-50, personal hygiene, all of their own teeth, and a job. But like I said those are all conditional as I am getting desperate.

Now Brad has nothing he could say about me being the biggest fan now. Haha, score one for the home team.

Zac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zac said...

I only offer free advertising to Old Navy since they have the best clearance sales and I think of wearing the Old Navy logo as the company passing on savings to the customer in exchange for a bit of advertising. Of course, that means that I should never buy anything at full price, and I never buy an item of apparel with a logo at full price, so I feel pretty good about that non-hypocritical aspect of my life.

The Freshest Hell, on the other hand, doesn't provide any discounts on anything and charges two cents everytime I want to comment. So, until your comment section is free, you won't see this hot bod' in anything with your name on it.

corbin said...

That's not true. We do offer discounts. The entertainment available on 'The Freshest Hell' is discounted to the bargain basement price of 'Free', reduced from the suggested retail price of 'Spend several hours with Corbin and Alice if you want to laugh, cry, and muse about the complexities of life'.

I think that's a pretty good deal.

corbin said...

Henri, good luck finding a man. Last time I was there, a cute homeless guy hung out at the L'Enfant Metro station. He didn't have all his own teeth, but he had gathered enough from fallen foes to make a complete set. I just hope your relationship doesn't interfere with your duties as 'Biggest Fan'.

Designing Woman said...

WOW! ok...I'm figuring this out right now. So, if Henri is the #1 Fan, and whoever gives chocolate is #2. Is the person who brings you amazing homemade maple syrup once a month #3?!

Henri said...

Surprisingly Corbin "Mr. I think I'm so smart cause I use big words" did NOT point out that the writing on my shirt is backwards. I am just cool like that and made it that way since only a few smart people, like myself, do not notice a difference. But don't worry the shirt I make for Alice will be regular and as extraordinary as mine.