Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Adventures in Jury Town

These are just some random pictures I took while on jury duty. We had an hour and a half for lunch every day so I would wander the streets of San Diego looking for odd bits of city life to photograph with my phone. I'm not a very good photographer so I didn't get many good shots, but here are a few.

Apparently six year-olds are totally into graf writing these days, as evidenced by this tag I found on a city corner. It's even funnier than normal in this context, which is quite a feat.

Pirates thrive in San Diego. But on the flip side, rampant ninja prejudice is a huge problem in our fair city.

MJ has been reduced to using public transportation to get around. How bad do things have to get before the government steps in and rescues our nation's floundering degenerate billionaire icons? Don't they know that the solution to all our economic problems is giving Americans juicy celebrity gossip to take our minds off the impending collapse? And they can't do crazy, gossip worthy things if they're poor like the rest of us.

This is an artist's rendering of the 3G PenciL Phone rumored to be announced by Apple sometime next month. Many people complained about the lack of a stylus for the popular iPhone. This is Apple's answer. [WARNING: Sharpening voids warranty]


This is the bus route I took to get downtown everyday. Luckily this was the express route or they would have stopped at EVERY stop and not just the 1400 shown on this map.
This is a picture of inside the courtroom taken on jury selection day. After taking this picture, I found a posting outside stating that it was a crime to record or photograph inside the courtroom. Oops. But what good is having a spy camera on your phone if you can't take super secret photos? Just nobody tell on me, ok. I've had my fill of judges and juries for a while.

6 Helens agree.

Matt said...

So when do you brief us on the case?

Bradley said...

I am surprised. When I had federal jury duty in Alexandria they made me leave everything electronic in my car (a short mile away from the courthouse). I tried smuggling my ipod in, but I was foiled and I had to run back to my car to put it in.

leslie said...

you were way too amused by that first tag, and i, in turn, was also too amused. barf. fart. hahahahahahha, [breathe], hahahahahahahaaa

leslie said...

(Homer realizes that Thomas Edison has already invented safety legs for the back of a chair.)
Homer: (Shouting) Aww, damn it!
(Bart comes running down the basement stairs.)
Bart: Hey Dad, heard you swearin'. Mind if I join in? Crap, boobs, crap!
Homer: I thought I had a great idea, I must have seen it on this poster.
(Bart studies Homer's Thomas Edison invention chart.)
Bart: If Edison thought of that chair, how come it's not on this chart?
Homer: It's not? Maybe he never told anyone about it. (Points at Edison poster.) That chair might be the only one he made.
Bart: So?
Homer: So, we've got to go to the Edison Museum and smash it! Then I'll be an inventor!
Bart: But I thought you loved Edison.
Homer: Aw, to hell with him.
Bart: Yeah! Hell, damn, fart!

Taralyn said...

I can't wait until this is over so you can tell me all the details of this superb example of our judicial system. I had my first experience in court today. I was terrified and I was only in front of the judge for about 1 minute. I prevailed. Traffic school baby.

Anonymous said...

WE GET TO COME SEE YOU SOON!!!!! GET EXCITED!!!