Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Kessel run in 11.99 parsecs

The engineering school had a 'Junkyard Derby' and we won! We built a working landspeeder out of a pile of junk and managed to make the Kessel run in 11.99 parsecs, just eeking out a victory over Solo for the record. Things to note: we had to reconfigure the engine pods to fit in the track but we did have firing engines as evidenced by the smoke issuing from the pods in the beginning of the race vid. Also, we didn't win fastest racer but 'most unusual' or 'most mechanical ingenuity', depending on which official you ask. All those years of engineering school must account for something.


4 Helens agree.

Zac said...

How is that when I talk to you on the phone and ask "what have you been up to," you answer "nothing."

corbin said...

If I remember correctly, when we talked yesterday you asked 'What are you doing?' and I correctly answered 'Driving home from church'.

You just don't ask specific enough questions. You should have asked 'Have you made any replica spacecraft or participated in any competitive junk-related events lately?' if you wanted to know about this race.

Actually, this happened several weeks ago so I wasn't thinking about it. I'm just really behind on my blogging.

Taralyn said...

No matter what I do I'll always be in the shadow of your genius :) I can't wait until you are here so I can take part in your ideas and pretend I was the one that thought of them myself. As for Zac's comment, seriously Corbin, you always respond "nothing" and then we find out about this!

Matt said...

Let it be known that if you had invited me and my beard, you could have added to the Star Wars theme with your very own Wookie. I could have even fabbed up that crummy crossbow.

Very funny about eating the "hoagie" by the way. Unfortunately, since you let the cat out of the bag and pointed out that I must be sneaking in, I don't even get poowiches anymore.