Wednesday, April 2, 2008

This Week for Blinner

Our good friends the Maynards are moving tomorrow. Jane Maynard is the creator of an oft visited blog called This Week for Dinner. Many of you may be wondering if this blog is all about eating specific calendar intervals for dinner, or maybe a 'week' is some sort of giant asian green onion and that's all they eat in the Maynard household. But actually, there are many mouth-watering recipes for real food on that site. Check it out if you have never. Anyway, in honor of their moving, I will be writing this post in the TWFD style (also because we made an interesting dinner item that is semi blog worthy). I tried to get Jane to be a guest writer, but she refused on the grounds of maintaining her artistic integrity [translation: this blog is not funny or delicious enough for her talents]. So I will have to write this post as if I were her. Here goes.

I found the most amazing potatoes in all the land! They are purple peruvian potatoes, and they are seriously Purple with a capital 'P'. Somehow, I'm always able to find crazy awesome ingredients for my dinners and I get them so cheap, sometimes the stores pay ME to shop there! All you blog readers may not have the time to go searching for delectable delicacy deals, so just look at my mouth-watering pictures. And yes, I do all my own photography, which means I am awesome at more than just cooking [there is no way to fake being a good photographer, so you'll just have to imagine my pictures are as good as Jane's]. Take a gander at these splendid spuds.

I paired these purple tubers with roasted peppers and boneless beef ribs. Yummy! [there is also no way to fake being a good cook, so although the ribs were 'yummy' they were also kind of gristley. I guess that's where the shopping skills come in].

But I am not snobbish or condescending with my awesomeness. I am actually very humble, generous, and down to earth. To prove it to you, I will be giving away one hundred thousand bottles of pure Parisian truffle oil, just for glancing at my blog. All you have to do is take a brief look at anything on my site, even if it's over someone else's shoulder, and I will send you a bottle. I'm that generous.

Nate, my husband, really liked this dinner and said it should definitely be included in my future NY Times best-selling cookbook that I'm sure to write someday. By the way, he is also a way good surfer, much better than most of his surf buddies, specifically this poser named Corbin who he used to surf with occasionally.

Be sure to post your own menus in the comments section. But you'd better hurry up, because the limit is 250,000 comments and this site is so popular they fill up fast!

See you next week,
Jane

5 Helens agree.

Matt said...

I'd like everyone to know that I've had the purple potatoes, and they were scrumptious. Not as good as the lamb fries, but still quite good.

BTW when does my pee color go back to normal????!




Just kidding

Zac said...

I recommend golden calf as the perfect complimentary entrĂ©e to the purple potatoes. The color combination is so excuisite and there is nothing like the feeling of gold in your mouth. Tip: Marinate the calf in 1cup of clean warm water and ½ cup of ammonia for at least two full days. Hydrochloric acid can be used if you are in a time crunch. Allow to air dry for 15 min before serving.

corbin said...

Zac, why don't you just go back to the flesh-pots of Egypt, you heathen?

And while you're there, can you pick up some garlick for us? We're all out.

The Woodlands said...

Wow...this was so well-written in the stylings of TWFD and Mrs. Maynard that it was as if she HAD written it herself!
I want to eat purple potatoes now please!!

P.S. do I get my parisian truffle oil now??

jane maynard said...

I can't believe I never commented on this post! after all you did write it the week we moved, so it was a little crazy...but it made me laugh a LOT. :)